Marcy is an attorney in our Columbia office. Her practice focuses on both workers’ compensation and civil litigation with a particular emphasis on defending occupational accident claims. She has substantial experience appearing before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and South Carolina Supreme Court, as well as all South Carolina trial courts and the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Marcy regularly evaluates employment agreements and other contractual documentation to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, corporate policies, and procedures. She closely follows legislative and case law updates and prepares timely analysis to her clients regarding how these updates will affect their businesses. She also regularly presents seminars to her clients regarding workers’ compensation issues.
Marcy is a co-author of multiple editions of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina (SC Bar), one of South Carolina’s most thorough and scholarly resource on workers’ compensation law. While in law school, Marcy served as a Member and Associate Justice of the Moot Court Bar as well as a Member of the Order of Wig and Robe. Marcy enjoys applying her analytical and innovative problem-solving skills to strongly advocate on behalf of her clients and drive positive outcomes.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- American Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Mock Trial Middle School Competition, Attorney Coach
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Education Association
- Midlands Technical College – Taught session on workers’ compensation law to paralegal class; prepared accompanying extensive study guide entitled Workers’ Compensation Law for Paralegals
- The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina, Co-Author, (South Carolina Bar) Supplement (2000); Third Edition (2003); Fourth Edition (2005); Fifth Edition (2008); & Sixth Edition (2012)
- The Defense Line Magazine: Workers’ Compensation Case Updates (Vol. 38, Fall 2010)