Laura enjoys the practice of law because it provides her with many opportunities to bring people together to reach agreeable solutions in traditional and creative ways. She is accessible to her clients, is able to assist in a variety of capacities, and strives to provide outstanding legal services to all of her clients, from homeowners to insurance professionals.
Laura has over 17 years of experience practicing law. She has first-chaired jury and bench trials, and argued hundreds of motions, with successful results for her clients. One of her proud career achievements was arguing before the Georgia Supreme Court. Laura is an AV-rated attorney, the highest peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and was selected to the 2010 Rising Stars List published nationwide by Super Lawyers Magazines.
As a member of the firm’s Insurance Law Section, she speaks at firm-hosted continuing education classes and on a national level with CLM regarding insurance coverage matters for insurance industry clients and has co-authored and presented adjuster training courses. With her vast experience, Laura is able to evaluate the multi-faceted issues that her clients face and offer guidance and advice on numerous levels.
When she is not working, her time is dedicated to her husband, a Retired United States Army Colonel, and their two active boys. She stays busy participating in Cub Scout activities and can often be found sharpening her negotiating skills with one or both of the boys.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Insurance Law Section
- Tenth Judicial District Bar Association (2013-present)
- Wake County Bar Association (2012-present)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Claims Litigation and Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Community Associations Institute- North Carolina Chapter
- Chair, Triangle Regional Council
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Member, Triangle Alumni Steering Committee
- Alpha Xi Delta Sorority
- President, Triangle Alumni Group
- Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church
- Sunday School Teacher
- Club Scouts of America (Pack 320)