Laura enjoys the practice of law because it provides many opportunities for her to bring people together to reach agreeable solutions in traditional and creative ways. Remaining accessible to her clients, she is able to assist in a variety of capacities and strives to provide outstanding service to every client, from homeowners to insurance professionals.
Laura has over 20 years of experience practicing law. She has first-chaired jury and bench trials, argued hundreds of motions, and litigated cases in both state and federal court with successful results for her clients. Laura is an AV-rated attorney, the highest peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Laura is a CLM Certified Litigation Management Professional. In her insurance coverage work, she speaks regularly at firm hosted continuing education classes and on a national level with CLM regarding insurance coverage matters and other timely topics relevant to the insurance industry. With her vast experience, she is able to evaluate the multi-faceted issues that her clients face and offer valuable guidance.
In her service to community associations, Laura has experience handling forced foreclosure actions, resolving disputes between associations and developers, and educating homeowner’s association board members.
When not working, her time is dedicated to her husband, a Retired United States Army Colonel, and their two active boys. She stays busy participating in Cub Scout activities and can often be found sharpening her negotiating skills with one or both of the boys.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Insurance Law Section
- Tenth Judicial District Bar Association (2013-present)
- Wake County Bar Association (2012-present)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Claims Litigation and Management Alliance
- Community Associations Institute- North Carolina Chapter
- Former Chair, Triangle Regional Council
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Member, Triangle Alumni Steering Committee
- Former Member, Alumni Board
- Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church
- Boy Scouts of America (Pack 320)