Jim provides a high level of service and responsiveness while working collaboratively towards the best possible outcome for his clients.
A civil litigator, he has a broad range of experience in state and federal court. Jim’s practice involves general liability matters with a focus in the areas of premises liability, worksite accident liability, products liability, aviation law, property damage liability, professional liability, insurance law, and subrogation matters. Jim graduated from the St. John’s University School of Law and later attended the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section National Trial Academy, providing him a solid foundation to handle all aspects of litigation through trial.
A native Long Islander who now calls North Carolina home, Jim is a family man who values his relationship with his wife and children above all else. He finds personal joy and satisfaction as an acoustic guitar singer-songwriter and through his involvement with F3 South Charlotte, a nationwide workout, leadership, and faith organization.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute:
- Steering Committee, Young Lawyer’s Section (2009-2010)
- Substantive Law Committee, Young Lawyer’s Section (Chair: 2008 – 2009, Vice-Chair: 2007 – 2008)
- Aerospace Committee, Young Lawyer’s Section (Liaison: 2006 – 2007, Co-Liaison: 2004 – 2005)
- Construction Law Committee, Young Lawyer’s Section (Liaison: 2005 – 2006)
- St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association, Hon. Guy J. Mangano Golf Classic Committee (2006, 2007)
- F3 South Charlotte (Workout, Leadership, and Faith Group for Men)
- “Products Liability Case Law Update”, Defense Research Institute, Products Liability Section, co-author, 2011.
- “Current Observations of the Fair Use Doctrine in Copyright”, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property Law Section, co-author, 2006.
- “MGM v. GROKSTER: What is Grokster and Why Has My Teenager Been Sued?”, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property Law Section, co-author, 2005.
- “Hand and Power Tools: Selected Cases”, Defense Research Institute, Products Liability Section, co-author, 2004.