Before his retirement on August 31, 2017, Mr. Kincheloe was a partner in the firm’s Charlotte office. His practice was concentrated in complex civil litigation for the defense, with an emphasis on representation of professionals in construction defect, injury related to construction and product defects, assisted living and nursing home negligence, commercial litigation, workers’ compensation, and claims of toxic environmental and occupational exposure.
Mr. Kincheloe was born in Rocky Mount, NC. He received his undergraduate and law degrees at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He was a recipient of the National Merit Award and a member of Phi Beta Kappa. After graduation, he clerked for the Honorable R.A. Hedrick on the North Carolina Court of Appeals and practiced law in Charlotte for 33 years.
Mr. Kincheloe was named The Best Lawyers© 2016 Workers’ Compensation Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Charlotte and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2001 – 2016 in the field of Workers’ Compensation Law. He was also selected to the North Carolina Super Lawyers® list, published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazines, from 2008 – 2010 and 2013 – 2017. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for excellence and integrity as a lawyer.
He has been active in service to the legal community, serving on the Volunteer Legal Services Committee of the local Bar and the Workers’ Compensation Section of the State Bar. He is a past director and program chair of the NC Association of Defense Attorneys and chaired the Workers’ Compensation Section. He is a recipient of the Mecklenburg County Pro Bono Award for volunteer legal service to the community.
Mr. Kincheloe has been a frequent speaker to, and on behalf of, business and legal associations on matters related to civil tort and construction law, trial preparation and trial techniques, evidence, and workers’ compensation. He has spoken on behalf of business and the insurance industry in committees at the NC Legislature and participated in drafting legislative amendments relating to workers’ compensation and administrative law.
He has been active in the community as a past PTA president, a director and officer for CanCare and for the Mecklenburg County Mental Health Association. He has been a youth sports coach in basketball, soccer and baseball. For 20 years he served on the Board for Charlotte Junior Soccer and for approximately 10 years was president of the Association.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Litigation Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Past Director and Program Chair
- Past Chair, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Named the Best Lawyers® 2016 Workers’ Compensation Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Charlotte
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2001 – 2016 in the field of Workers’ Compensation Law
- Selected to the North Carolina Super Lawyers® list, published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazine, from 2008-2010 and 2013-2017
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the Mecklenburg County Pro Bono Award for volunteer legal service to the community