Hedrick Gardner’s Employment Law attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. Our attorneys are experienced counselors and litigators who understand the complexities of employment law and are trained to represent client interests aggressively. We offer guidance during every step of daily operations from hiring practices, developing employee handbooks and policies, and compliance audits to personnel disputes and reductions in force.
We work proactively to help prevent employment-related litigation from arising. However, employment claims are at times unavoidable. If legal disputes develop, our attorneys know how to aggressively defend your workplace without ever losing sight of your business goals and budget.
Here at Hedrick Gardner, we pride ourselves on offering strategic ways to avoid problems and assist clients. We listen carefully, think creatively, and deliver effective results.
Hedrick Gardner’s Employment Law Services include:
- Compliance audits and investigations
- Discrimination (Age, Disability, Gender, Race, Religion)
- Employment applications and procedures
- Employment contracts and agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Leave (FMLA)
- Reductions in force
- Social Media
- Statutory compliance
- Trade secrets and unfair competition
- Training for management and staff
- Unemployment compensation claims
- Wage and hour
- Wrongful discharge
Employment Law Gap Filler, DRI For The Defense, January 2014 Click here to read the full article.
- Prevailed before appellate court in defense of a real estate agency against claims by former agent for rights to profit sharing and other benefits vesting after date of termination.
- Defended and prosecuted covenants not to compete case for medical practices and high tech and biotech companies.
- Represented local governments and governmental agencies against claims and lawsuits for health and retirement benefits under state law.
- Defended retailers, charitable organization, construction companies, car dealership, and staffing agency, among others, in multiple claims and lawsuits involving Title VII (Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Sexual Harassment) and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
- Represented national grocery chain and construction company, among others, in multiple claims involving the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII (Race, Color, National Origin).
- Represented trucking companies, assisted care facility, and national retailer, among others, in North Carolina Retaliatory Discrimination in Employment Act (REDA) lawsuits.
- Represented property development company, entertainment company, and staffing agency, among others, in Wage and Hour Act lawsuits.
- Represented medical provider before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
- Assisted international and local manufacturers with reductions in force.