Hedrick Gardner's Construction Law Group brings decades of experience to bear in the complex world of construction litigation. This experience gives our attorneys the technical expertise necessary to litigate and try construction lawsuits, as well as the legal acumen to navigate this increasingly complex procedural landscape, from the state and federal trial and appellate courts to a wide variety of arbitral forums. Our lawyers have represented the full spectrum of construction professionals, including general contractors, prime contractors, trade contractors, material suppliers, architects, engineers, and owners in cases involving a multitude of different construction matters, including alleged construction or design defects, claims arising out of contractual and warranty disputes and incidents of property damage and personal injury. In addition to litigating matters on behalf of our clients, the lawyers in our Construction Group also routinely review and advise construction clients with respect to construction contracts, bid specification review, AIA construction documents, project financing, surety agreements, performance bonds and collection matters.
Our services include:
- Construction defect and contract litigation
- Catastrophic injury or death claims relating to construction projects
- Insurance coverage issues relating to construction
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts, including subcontracts, indemnity agreements, Owner / surety agreements, performance contracts, and wastewater and other utility facilities contracts
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance, safety programs, safety manuals
- Represent clients from national homebuilder general contractors to trade subcontractors with minimal involvement in project in claims of wrongful death or catastrophic injury.
- Represent developers, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals in multi-party litigation involving alleged defects in construction of a wide variety of projects, including luxury condominium and single home developments, medical centers and hospitals, commercial structures, and residences of all sizes.
- Represented subcontractor against one of the first reported claims of lasting health impact of mold exposure.
- Represent distributor of construction materials against claims relating to alleged provision of defective Chinese drywall.
- Represent property managers against claims of lead paint exposure.
- Defend professional liability and contract actions against design professionals in a variety of disciplines, from architecture to geotechnical and structural engineering. These cases often require resolution of complex choice of law and forum selection concerns as well as mastery of sophisticated technical issues.